Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BEST Healthy Eating Project

A project created by three student council members is encouraging healthy eating at school! I know what you are thinking--10 year olds and healthy eating is an oxymoron--but it is true! They have created a point system for healthy food choices, put sticky notes on the lunch line to point out healthy choices, count the points during lunch, tally them, and have a business sponser (Georgetown Hospital) donating prizes for making healthy food choices!

Click here to see what the students have created.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for having students focus on what they are eating and making them aware of what is healthy for them and what may not be. Healthful living with the hope it will carry through to places outside the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Maybe if I would have started making wise food chocies as a child I would not struggle today as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I struggle with healthy choices daily. It makes me proud seeing the kids making choices that I find hard to make.

    ReplyDelete